Govindji temple is a most famous temple in Imphal, capital of Manipur state. it was built during 18th century by king sage Bhagyachandra. It was located beside the places of the old king of Manipur. They will be a great rejoicing in the temple at the time of the holy festival. Traditional dancing will be performed by the young ladies and gentleman at early hours of the day. It is a very important historical place for the Vaishavaites. This temple was built very beautifully with two golden domes. There was a big hall. After crossing it there will be sanctum sanctorum. The main deities are Balarama and Sri Krishna. Lord Jagganatha is on another side in this temple.
You must visit our blog to watch more temples Clik Here
The Govindji temple was the first built by the king of Manipur, maharaja Nagasing. During the earthquake of 1868, the temple was almost damaged. Maharaja Chandrakeetthi rebuilt the temple and restore its old glory. Devotees and visitors will worship the deities. The main deity of the temple is Vishnu.
The sanctuary is put in an exceptionally wonderful place in the pink city zone and is simply between the Badal Mahal and the Chandra Mahal. Consistently, precisely seven extraordinary and right circumstances Aartis, Prashad, and Bhogs are offered and Janmashtami is the most vital celebration here on the grounds that on that day the Shree Krishna was conceived and is extremely uncommon for me and everybody who is a give of Govindji Maharaj.
See more temples…
- Kanaka Durga Temple, Andhra Pradesh
- Alampur Jogulamba Temple, Telangana
- Madura Meenakshi Temple, Tamil Nadu
- chamundeshwari Temple, Karnataka
- Dhanwanthari Temple, Kerala
- Kalighat Kali Temple, Kolkata
- Mahalakshmi Temple, Maharashtra
- Vaishno Devi Temple, Jammu and Kashmir
- Danteshwari Temple, Chhattishgarh
- Shri Ram Temple, Ayodhya
- Mahakaleshwar Temple, Ujjain
- Gangotri Temple, Uttarakhand
- Vishnupad Temple Gaya, Bihar
- Puri Jagannath Temple, Odisha